Bulk Import Customer List Data
It's easy to add and update individual customers on your STACK Customer List, but if you have a large list of information you want to add or edit, we can bulk import the information for you using our CSV Import Template.
You will download a blank Import Template or export a CSV file populated with your current customer list information from within the STACK app, enter the information you want to add/update on the template, then send it to us for upload.
NOTE: You must be an Account Owner to use this feature.
See below for more info and instructions:
What Can and Can’t Be Imported
This customer information can be updated via import:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Address Line 1
- Address Line 2
- Postal Code
This cannot be done via import:
- Delete a customer listing.
- Reinstate a previously deleted customer listing.
Customer List Template Download or Export
If you only want to add new customers to your Customer List, choose the Download Import Template option in step 5 below. This will give you a blank template.
If you want to update data for existing customers on your Customer List, you must choose the Export to CSV option in step 5 below. This will give you a CSV file populated with your current customer list information which you can edit.
- Click the Settings icon at the right of the main navigation toolbar.
- Select Account Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Click Customer List on the left panel.
- Click the three dots to the far right of Add Customer.
- Select Download Import Template or Export to CSV.
(The selected file will be saved in your device’s Downloads folder.)
Customer List Import
- Follow the instructions above to download a blank Import Template or export a CSV file populated with your current customer list information.
- Open the downloaded file and enter the data you want to edit or add.
- Do not edit, delete, or add column headings on the template.
- If you use the Download Import Template option, make sure to delete the example data that is shown.
- Make sure there are no blank rows in between data and no hidden columns.
- The CompanyName field is required - make sure it is populated for each customer.
- If you use the Export to CSV option, do not edit or delete data in the ExportID column. (If the template we upload does not include the ExportID, or has a different ExportID, a new customer listing will be created instead of updating the existing customer listing.)
- Save the updated template as a CSV UTF-9 file type.
- Contact your STACK Account Rep or STACK Customer Success to schedule the import.
If you need additional assistance, please Contact Us.